Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunrise on Crowley's Ridge

I was up at 5 a.m. today thanks to a bad dream and worries about getting the Thorntown house sold.

Maria doesn't have to be at work until 1 p.m., so I crept out of the bedroom and up to the office.

The dogs decided it was time to start their day about an hour later and I walked out onto the back patio with them to savor the deliciously cool morning air. It was 55 degrees - a consequence of the cold front that swept in from the northwest after Ike left town - and it's starting to feel autumnal.

I've got the office window open next to my desk, so I can hear the birds and the traffic on U.S. 49 and watch the banker and his grade school principal wife heading off to work. I haven't seen the newspaper carrier, so I suppose he got there before I took up my vigil.

The rising sun slanting through the trees and painting stripes across the lawns in our little wooded subdivision is gorgeous this morning.

1 comment:

endthought said...

you do have beautiful mornings at your house.