Thursday, September 18, 2008

Run-flat tires for BMWs - cars, that is

bmwtires

My Windows Live Mail email client went "plink" a moment ago and I found spam from BMW telling me about their run-flat tires.

"Resilient rubber-reinforced sidewalls and heat-resistant rubber compounds allow you to travel up to 150 miles at 50 mph with a punctured tire," they say.

That's all very nice if your BMW is a car. My BMWs are motorcycles and I sure as hell could have used this kind of technology a couple of months ago when I had a flat rear tire just outside Kit Carson, Colo. and required a tow truck to haul my bike 100 miles back to Colorado Springs.

From the tone of the email, one might conclude that the stuffed shirts on the car side of BMW don't even know the company makes motorcycles.

No comments: