Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A negative response

neg dhs 40th

Yesterday's mail brought the announcement of the 45th anniversary reunion of the Delphi High School Class of 1963.

It will be Oct. 25 at the Carroll County Country Club in Delphi and I almost certainly won't be there.

I just can't justify spending 16 hours in the car and burning about $150 worth of gas for a four-hour event. This would be the first one I've missed since graduation, but my heart's just not in it this year.

The only circumstance that might permit it would be if there is some compelling reason for us to return to Indiana that weekend in connection with our house being sold, leased or rented.

If the world doesn't end in 2012 (some people read the Mayan calendar as predicting the end in December 2012), I'll plan on catching the 50th anniversary reunion in 2013.

No comments: