Friday, January 08, 2010

Road trip!♦

charlie gas AMITE, La. – Charlie and I are on a road trip tonight and tomorrow to pick up the BMW motorcycle he bought on Ebay last weekend.

The bike is at Saint Amant, La., which is about 40 miles south of here.

abita aleWe left home about 3:30 p.m. That’s Charlie gassing his Toyota FJ  in Jackson, Miss., where it was 24 degrees, but it felt much colder. You can see his breath if you look closely.

We finally went to ground about 10 p.m. at the Amite, La. at the Comfort Inn. But not before we stopped at a gas station and bought a six-pack of Abita Ale, a Louisiana brew. It’s their Christmas ale and it’s not bad.

We’ve got about an hour’s drive tomorrow morning to where the bike resides, Charlie will test ride it and, assuming nothing is wrong, pay the guy, we’ll load the bike on his trailer and haul ass for home.

I spent about 90 minutes this afternoon at the Sprint store and sprint-u300completely transformed our/my Sprint situation.

Working with a very astute Sprint kid, he restructured our Sprint plan, saving us enough money to add a Sprint G3/G4 Internet dongle for my netbook without raising our phone bill. And, the new plan gives everyone on our plan – me, Maria, Morgan and Austin – unlimited texting.

And since I qualified for a phone upgrade, I lotusswapped my Palm Treo 700p for a just-released Lotus flip phone. And they were able to transfer my 500+ item contact list from my old  phone to the new one. Cool, huh?

Of course, I’ve missed several calls because I don’t recognize the ring tone on the new phone.

No comments: