Friday, January 22, 2010

No shortage of morons

I bought dinner Tuesday evening for myself and Austin at the Citgo/Subway on U.S. 49 down in Brookland – two 12” subs costing $13.38.

I whipped out my debit card and the witless bimbo behind the counter swiped it and waited for the printout for me to sign.

Then she discovered the printer was out of paper. And since nobody had the sense to keep a spare roll under the counter, she needed to get one from another employee, who happened to be in the restroom.

So I waited. And I waited. And I waited.

Finally, she showed up with a fresh roll, but apparently had no idea how to install it.

“Can I just pay with cash?” I asked.

She took my $15 and gave me change and I left, delusionally thinking that she had voided the debit card transaction.

By the time I got home – I live about a mile away – my toasted roast beef sub was back to room temperature.

And I discovered this morning that our checking account got charged $13.38 for the transaction.

No comments: