Monday, July 06, 2009

Stuck on four wheels again

gt cottonwood pass

I keep thinking I’m going to ride my bike into town on my morning errands and coffee and blogging, but other things keep getting in the way.

This morning the problem was having too much to carry:

  • A big trash bag full of clothes to donate to Goodwill Industries
  • A stack of paperback books to drop off at the post office for donation to the school library
  • A legal-size Priority Mail envelope containing a dress for Morgan and a magazine for Maria’s mom
  • Two DVDs Austin sold via my Amazon.com account
  • Four rental DVDs to return to Hastings
  • And, of course, my NRA range bag containing my netbook and accouterments

So the del Sol won again and the K1200GT sits in the garage sipping electrons from the trickle charger.

The photo is me and the bike a few years ago at the summit of Cottonwood Pass near Buena Vista, Colo. That was before I added the brake caliper-mounted MotoLight driving lights, so I guess it was the summer of 2003. I wouldn’t mind being in Colorado, hanging out with Tim and Linda Balough, right now. It would certainly beat hanging around here being pissed off at our slow-pay renters.

No comments: