Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More rallying

rally registration JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There is supposed to be free Wifi at the rally site, but it’s not up and running yet, and I hadn’d eaten anything since breakfast, so I rode about 8 miles east to Johnson City and the Books-A-Million for a cinnamon and cream cheese bagel, coffee and Wifi.

I ate a couple of Slim Jims that had been in my tank bag for several months (marked “Best before Jan. 16, 2009”), but they just made me hungrier.

I only had to loaf around for about a half-hour before they graciously opened registration early. I called Rick Nelson and got directions to the Indy Club camping area where I found him and the Garrisons and several other familiar faces.

I got my tent set up and was relaxing under a picnic fly when Archie and Theresia Shearer rolled in from Indianapolis by way of Lexington, Ky.

I got a shot of Archey pitching their Eureka tent, then saddled up and rode into Johnson City, noticing the rally is near Jonesborough, Tenn. Those Joneses got around in pioneer times.

archey theresia

No comments: