Monday, July 06, 2009

Greeting the dawn

It's a little after 5 a.m. and I've been up since about 3:30.

The sky is beginning to lighten and the birds woke up about 10 minutes ago.

I'm not sure what woke me up, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that our tenants are now officially into the late penalty zone on their rent check.

I rather expect to find it in the mailbox when I go to the post office in about four hours and then I can relax.

I might even go back to bed.


+++++++++++++++++++++++
Later:
No check in the mailbox. Maria's mom drove by the place this morning and reports the red van is in the driveway as usual and the couch can be seen through the living room window, so they haven't skipped.
Time for a phone call to remind them of their responsibilities.
Christ! I hate being a landlord.

No comments: