Sunday, July 12, 2009

The psychic twins do brunch at Bosco's

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         The day was a blank piece of paper when we woke up this morning. No plans at all.

I found myself thinking about brunch at Bosco's in Memphis, something we haven't done in months. A few minutes later, Maria read my mind and suggested Bosco's without me having said a word  about it. That was all it took and we were on the road within 45 minutes.

We got there a few minutes before the 10 a.m. opening time and decided to see if we could find a grocery that sold semolina flour. Garmin directed us about 4 tenths of a mile west of Bosco's to the Fina Italian Grocery, OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         which unfortunately is closed on Sundays. So we drove a few blocks  farther west to a Piggly Wiggly (they were founded in Memphis) that didn't stock semolina either.

We gave up our quest in favor of brunch and drove back to Bosco's where I had an Italian ham and artichoke omelet and Maria had eggs Benedict with crabmeat and asparagus. We split a chocolate torte with raspberry sauce. I also bought a growler (refillable half-gallon jug) of Tennessee Cream Ale, the first of a long line of beers and OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         ales crafted by the folks at Bosco's.

We guessed that a Cost Plus World Market might be likely to have semolina flour, and Garmin said there was one out east of town on Germantown Pike. Unfortunately, Garmin didn't know the place had gone out of business. Against our better judgment, we drove a couple of miles south to a Kroger, only to be disappointed again. Maria bought a bag of whole wheat flour to experiment with in the meantime.

I needed a lightweight pair of cargo pants for my travel wardrobe, so we drove west to the Bass Pro Shop where I found exactly what I'd been looking for, along with a nifty Columbia shirt.

By this time, we were ready to be home, so we got back onto the freeway and sped back to our little house in the Arkansas woods.

No comments: