Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Wifi Chronicles (continued)

booksamillionlogo

Well, well.

Books-a-Million’s Joe Muggs Cafe, which has a superior ambiance to Hastings Hardback Cafe, has Wifi. They’re a little short on electrical outlets convenient to tables, but running on battery power isn’t a big deal for my Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

It’s not free, but $20 bought me a 10% store discount card and a year of Wifi. That beats the hell out of the Starbucks deal with AT&T for Sprint users like me. I’m sure the card will pay for itself over the next 12 months.

I’m waiting for a call from Maria, who had an 11:30 a.m. dental appointment. If she gets out in time for some lunch, she’ll call me and we’ll rendezvous somewhere.

I’ve changed over to the Google Chrome browser for the Mini 9 because the Internet Explorer toolbars take up too much screen real estate. And I think it runs a little faster than IE.

No comments: