Friday, May 22, 2009

Easy Reader

ativa 52 I think I may have found the ultimate memory card reader, especially for laptops and netbooks.

Office Depot had the Ativa 52-in-1 Memory Card Reader on sale for $10 off the regular $29.99 price. And what’s even better, it’s also a 3-port USB 2.0 hub.

I’d been thinking my Mini 9 could use a USB hub to augment its three ports. The hub also comes with a power cord that the manual suggests will assure “stable power” while in use. I’m working without the power cord at the moment and suspect I’ll never need it.

As the name suggests, it has four slots that accommodate 52 types of digital memory cards, most of which I’ve never heard of. All I have at the moment is CompactFlash, SD and xD, but who knows what our next gizmo will use?

Anyhow, it’s a lot of extra functionality for only $19.99, even if the 8% sale tax bumps it up to $21.59.

No comments: