Monday, May 11, 2009

Subaru Day

pennzoil10w-40 I'm off to the Subaru dealer in Memphis to find out why our car burned 3 quarts of oil in 2,500 miles.

Chances are, I'll be stuck in the waiting room without Wifi all freaking day. So it goes.

I must be off.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

6 hours later

I'm back from Memphis where the folks at Jim Keras Subaru charged me nothing to put in a new PCV valve in hopes that would cure the oil consumption problem.

They said it wasn't related to the head gasket replacement and concluded the oil isn't leaking out of the engine or going out the tailpipe.

Then I went to Gateway Tire in Jonesboro and bought a new tire to replace the left rear tire that went flat for a second time last Friday evening. So the Subaru is fully roadworthy again, all for about $125.

What a relief.

No comments: