Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It can never be easy

  

delsolI was rummaging around in the smallish glove compartment of my 1994 Honda del Sol the other day when I found the warranty for the window tint job that Ziebart did when I bought the car 14 years ago.

Since the film on the windows is badly bubbled and looks pretty crappy, I read the warranty terms and was pleased to discover the work was guaranteed for the life of the car as long as it remains in the hands of the original owner. Well, well.

So I went to Ziebart.com to locate my nearest Ziebart shop. I plugged in the Jonesboro, Ark., zip code and set the search parameters to ziebartthe maximum range of 150 miles. No results.

Ditto for Memphis.

I finally determined the nearest Ziebart shop is 253 miles/4 hours 18 minutes away in Columbia, Ill.

So I'm faced with the choice of just putting up with the deteriorating tinting film or driving 8½ hours and spending about $70 on gas to have a new window tint job.

No comments: