Monday, June 30, 2008

The plan

I think I finally have a plan for my July motorcycle travels.

Our Indiana friends Lauri and Jim had earlier planned to visit the week of July 20-26, which meant I would have to hustle back to Arkansas 2008 moa rallyright after the July 17-20 BMW Motorcycle Owners of America International Rally in Gillette, Wyo. (See logo.)

Jim's work schedule made visiting that week a bad idea, so we hit upon a new plan: Lauri and their two kids will come down Friday night 7/25 or Saturday 7/26 and Jim will follow a day or two later on his Harley-Davidson. That way, the girls can do girl stuff and he and I can go off to explore the region's more interesting roads.

Since their visit has been pushed out a week from the original plan, I can now enjoy most of the Indianapolis BMW Club's Colorado Chalet Week at the home of Tim and Linda Balough near Alma, Colo.

Tim and Linda plan to be at the BMW MOA rally, so I will ride back to Alma with them and whoever else is staying with them and I can spend a few days riding the high country before heading home.

I expect I'll celebrate my birthday here on Monday, July 14, then roll out of here early the next morning, spending Tuesday night somewhere on the road and arriving at the rally site Wednesday evening.

No comments: