Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The New Orleans lady's house sold

I often drive in to town for lunch with Maria and have my choice of two routes.
The fast route is down U.S. 49 and the scenic route takes me west on Pine Log Road and then south on Ark. 351.
I came home by the scenic route and was pleased to see a house we had visited when we were house-hunting last September finally has a SOLD sign in the front yard.
It was a nice place - built to order by a woman who had fled her lifelong home in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina swept in. The woman was there when we toured the place, but she had most of her stuff packed and was preparing to move back to Louisiana to be closer to her family.
The house wasn't quite what we wanted and apparently nobody else wanted it, either, until recently.
I'm glad to see it finally sell. It gives me hope that we can find a buyer for our Thorntown house, which has been on the market since the first of the year. We couldn't have picked a much worse time to try to sell a house in a place where few people want to live.
I put our June house payment into the mail today and, as I do every month, hope it will be the last or the next-to-last.

No comments: