Saturday, June 21, 2008

Heading for Gillette?

S/W Ver: 96.B0.0FR S/W Ver: 96.B0.0FR

Friend Lauri noticed this BMW rider heading west on I-74 from Indianapolis Thursday afternoon and shot a couple of pictures with her cell phone camera to share with us, knowing that we're BMW motorcycle people.

Any BMW rider seen east of the Mississippi, heading west and loaded for touring as this guy is, is quite likely headed for the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America International Rally next month in Gillette, Wyo.

With the Canadian flag on his back and the other identifying characteristics of bike and rider, this guy should be easy to spot when I get to the rally. And, since I'm one of the official rally photographers, I'll be sure to get a photo of him to share with Lauri.

He will doubtless be surprised to learn he was spotted in Indiana and tracked down in Gillette.

Who says people don't notice BMWs?

1 comment:

Lauri Shillings said...

I noticed the BMW! I did, in fact, try like the dickens to get a good shot of him all packed and ready to travel just for you. I knew you would appreciate it. I hope you do get to find him at the rally and let him know we've been tracking his progress.