Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mr. Food or Robin? Easy choice

mr food Is it just me, or is this guy really creepy?

His website calls him "hugely popular and beloved by millions," but the sight of Art Ginsburg in his chef's hat make me grab for the remote control to get him off of my TV screen as quickly as I can.

I used to flee his morning food tips on WTHR in Indianapolis and WLFI in Lafayette, Ind. Once I moved to Arkansas, I was dismayed to hear his haunting, "Oooooo, it's so good!" on KAIT in Jonesboro.

Our alarm goes off at 6 a.m. and we usually go through one or two 10-minute snooze cycles before we switch on the bedroom TV to cnn robincheck out the local news and weather.

Fortunately, the local anchors usually do a one- or two-sentence intro for the Mr. Food piece, which give me time to yell, "Ack!" and punch a 4 and a 9 into the remote.

That's takes us over to Morning Express and Robin Meade on CNN Headline News.

And given the choice, which would you rather wake up with?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I dont really know, her HUGE teeth would kind of have me scared in the morning but hey! I wake up to the radio not the tv so what do I know. heh.