Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Killers

killers

I found this image on a strip of negatives in an envelope dated Oct. 10, 1986. It's a picture of a couple being taken to prison from the Hamilton County (Ind.) Courthouse after being convicted of murder.

I can't recall their names and I spent about an hour poking around the Internet in a fruitless search for information about the case. It was one of several murder trials I covered for The Indianapolis News and I believe they picked some guy up in a Noblesville, Ind., bar, drove with him out to a remote county road east of town and for reasons that were never made clear in court, shot him to death.

I do recall quite clearly, however, that the husband swore at me when he saw my camera.

That was 22 years ago. I wonder if they're both still in prison.

No comments: