Friday, July 11, 2008

Travel log time

trip log

With my departure for Wyoming only four days away, my thoughts are turning to gathering all of the stuff I want to pack.

That's why I printed a couple of weeks worth of trip log sheets from my For Two Wheels Only software. I've been using FTWO to track my motorcycle travel, maintenance and general operating expenses since 2001 and never leave for an extended trip without a sheaf of log sheets in my tankbag.

Here's the first log page for my ride to Colorado last August showing I left home at 5:48 a.m. and spent the first night on the road at the U.S. Center Motel in Smith Center, Kans., with fuel stops at Crawfordsville, Ind., Monticello and Barry, Ill., Charleston, Mo., and Seneca and Smith Center in Kansas.

The next day saw gas stops at St. Frances, Kans., and Byers and Silverthorne in Colorado, arriving at Tim and Linda Balough's place at 4:20 p.m.

And once again, it shows my gas mileage improves with altitude: 38.22 mpg at Smith Center, Kans., 39.27 mpg at St. Francis, Kans., 43.53 mpg at Byers, Colo., and 45 mpg at Silverthorne, Colo.

No comments: