Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday afternoon rally report


Here are Webb Bernhardt and wife Cindy Fort starting a three-hour shift as driver and security person on the rally shuttle.

It's sunny and hot - about 90 - and I'm taking refuge in the air conditioned cyber cafe.
We're rolling out early tomorrow morning for Tim and Linda Balough's place in Alma, Colo. It's only about 450 miles, so we should be there just in time for the afternoon monsoonal shower.
We had a late lunch at a Mexican place Dom LoDuca found called Maria's. Then Webb and Cindy and I rode down the street to the Wal-Mart to use the ATM. I also took the opportunity to buy a $19.95 pair of reading glasses and a $3.97 hard case. As I type this, it's the first time this week that I've been able to see a computer screen or printed material clearly. I'm mildly surprised I was able to make it this long without being intolerably frustrated.
On the way back to the campground, I topped off my gas tank for tomorrow's ride at a Flying J truck stop at Exit 128.

No comments: