Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday morning rally report


Wayne Garrison, Peggy Rose and me at Devil's Tower.
The ATM that I used Thursday near the registration area has vanished and I found myself with only $1 in cash this morning. Fortunately, Tim Balough generously fronted me the money for a $3.50 ham, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich and Ken Jacobson bought me a cup of coffee. I repaid my debt with $1.50 beer garden beer tickets. Who knew they could be used for legal tender at a rally?
We also discovered that Tim's Palm Pilot charger works with my Palm Treo 700p, so I can now recharge it on 110v AC rather than have it tethered to my bike's charging system.
I phoned Maria after breakfast and got updated on things at home, including the fact that Pete and Ruthie have been wandering around the house looking for me.
We had our 8:45 a.m. image dump meeting and now I'm at loose ends on what to do with my day. I suspect I need to cruise the vendors at least once more in case there's something that I just can't live without.

No comments: