Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Damn fine lasagna


Dom LoDuca was in charge of dinner last night and he delivered - bigtime.
Dom whipped up three big aluminum casserole trays of lasagna, according to his Sicilian mother's recipe. It got rave reviews and was easily the best meal I've had since I left home.
I took a short ride into Fairplay yesterday afternoon, then came back to Chateau Balough and dozed on the couch with my iPod.
I'm really enjoying the luxury and comfort of a bed and furniture, good food and friends after a week of living in a tent and eating fast food. In fact, I'm wallowing in it to the point where I don't have much ambition to go out and ride.
The construction at the foot of Hoosier Pass on the Breckenridge side also dampens my enthusiasm for riding in that direction.
I think there may be some group rides afoot today, so I may find myself motivated to go somewhere.
Tim went to bed early last night with a fever of 100. I haven't seen him this morning or heard a report from Linda yet, since I'm up earlier than most of the group, but I hope it's something he can shake off quickly.

No comments: