Friday, July 11, 2008

Sorry, no 3G iPhone for me

3g iphone

The new 3G iPhone went on sale today, but I'm sticking with my Treo 700p. Mostly because I have years to go on my contract with Sprint.

If and when Apple extricates itself from its Satanic deal with AT&T and offers the iPhone to Sprint customers, I'll jump on it.

Tech Guy Leo Laporte opined the other day that people will bail out of line at AT&T stores when they learn about the added charges that go with 3G use - like about $90 a month for Internet access and the $18 fee to transfer your account from your v1.0 iPhone to the new model. He also asserted AT&T is the worst business partner choice Apple has ever made.

Jennifer Westhoven, the business reporter on CNN Morning Express, flashed the new iPhone, fumbled and very nearly dropped it. Slippery little things, aren't they?

It's a brilliant design triumph, just like the whole family of iPods, and I'd love to have one - but not on AT&T's terms.

No comments: