Thursday, May 01, 2008

Testing, testing


The box containing my Nikon transparency scanner and my Epson flatbed scanner continues to elude me. I remember packing them together last October and I'm reasonably sure they made the move from Indiana to Arkansas, but I'm damned if I can find the box in the pile of stuff jammed up against the north wall of our garage.
But I had a pressing need for a flatbed scanner and finally gave up and bought an HP Scanjet G4010 the other day at Office Depot.
That's after I looked for scanners at Circuit City and Office Max. It seems that most people who want a scanner are now buying the all-in-one models that combine scanner, fax and printer. Well, we already have two perfectly good printers and I have no need for a fax.
The HP Scanjet G4010 also scans negatives and slides, so I dug into my negative archive for a test scan. I came up with this photo I shot back in October, 1985 at a party store in Carmel, Ind. of a couple of employees and a wall covered with masks. I was the North Bureau chief for The Indianapolis News at the time.

No comments: