Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's about time

A lot of people I know don't wear a wristwatch.

Maria is one of them. The last time I checked, my son Sean was still not wearing one.

I'll be the first to admit that there are lots of things in our environment that tell us the time, the cell phone being chief among them. But I've worn watches since the first grade when I got my first Mickey Mouse watch, and I feel off balance without a wristwatch.

Like now that I have a gauze bandage wrapped around my left wrist to cover the stitched-up cubreitlingt I accidentally inflicted upon myself last Monday afternoon.

I can't count how many times since then that I've glanced at my wrist to check the time and found it's bandage time.

The bandage is too bulky for the bracelet band of my Breitling Chrono Avenger.ADVIZOR

I took to wearing my Suunto Advizor digital watch on my right wrist yesterday, but it just felt weird and I still looked at my bandaged left wrist for the time.

I've moved it to my left arm this morning, next to the bandage. I feels a little odd being that far up my arm, but I think I can deal with it for a day or two before the bandage comes off.

No comments: