Monday, May 26, 2008

Avoiding Kroger

I'm avoiding Supermarket Hell.
Maria has mercifully excused me from shuffling up and down the aisles at Kroger, so I'm hanging out next door at the bookstore and listening to a Leo Laporte podcast.
No big Memorial Day plans - certainly not on the order of what I did about 10 years ago when I led a 14-state motorcycle ride with five Indianapolis BMW Club friends.
We started Saturday morning and did a lap around Kentucky and Tennessee.
The sequence was:
Indiana
Kentucky
Illinois
Missouri
Arkansas
Tennessee
Missippi
Alabama
Overnight at Huntsville
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Virginia
Overnight in northern Virginia
West Virginia
Ohio
We put our tires in all of these states in about 21 hours of riding.
Later, we figured we could have added Pennsylvania and still do it in under 24 hours.

No comments: