Thursday, May 22, 2008

Creeping out the dog


Pete, the Aussie, is very distrustful of changes in his environment and this morning was no exception.
Back when I was buying lots of cool clothes from the Dillard's Clearance Center for 10 cents on the dollar, I bought this shirt. When I finally got around to an occasion to wear it, I discovered it had a green stain on the upper left chest - probably an ink transfer from some wet piece of paper or tag. I gave it the Zout treatment yesterday. The care tag called for line drying, so I put it on a plastic hanger and hung it from a hook on our bird feeder support.
Then the fun began.
When Pete noticed it from the back door, he started barking and growling and pacing back and forth in an obviously agitated state.
He finally worked up the courage to approach it, albeit warily.
The confrontation ended when it started to rain and I had to bring the shirt inside to dry.