Monday, August 25, 2008

This morning's tally: 275 confirmed kills

death to winged intruders

My mid-morning patrol of the screened porch resulted in 275 confirmed mosquito kills. The actually count is probably more than 300, but I actually observed 275 mosquitos going up the pipe.

They congregate in the corners near the floor and ceiling and when I swirl the wand into their midst, several get sucked in faster than I can count. I also got a handful of moths, flies, horseflies and spiders.

If we can train the dogs not to scratch at the screen porch door, we could keep it closed and spare the insect world all of this carnage, but the door will remain propped open until that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the moths did nothing to you!

The Oracle said...

I spared the big moth you admired.

Lauri Shillings said...

that's great! I have your confederate shop vac as a screensaver now!