Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Better than change under couch cushions

I'm taking a break from a serious paper chase this morning.

I check the Indiana Attorney General's unclaimed property website occasionally and this week's check-in turned up about $725 worth of unclaimedstuff, most of it in my late mother's name.

To claim the money, I have to come up with documentation linking her with the last two addresses associated with the unclaimed property - which happen to be my two previous addresses.

I've tracked those documents down. Now I have to find something with her Social Security number... hey, wait, it's probably on her death certificate.

Yep, there it is.

Now all I have to do is take all of this crap to a Notary Public and get the form notarized.

I also found a loose $11 and change that PayPal apparently owes me.

If you ever lived in Indiana, click the graphic and see if you have any unclaimed assets. If you have no connection with Indiana, try your home state's unclaimed property website. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: