Friday, August 08, 2008

One size fits all

john arkansas dl

Here's the replacement driver's license I got from the State Revenue Office (no DMV or BMV in Arkansas) last week, with identity theft stuff obscured.

I'd hoped to get a new photo, but they just knocked out another copy from what was already in the computer database.

Notice anything missing from the information? Like weight and hair color? I suppose it's no longer politically correct to reference race or ethnicity, so I didn't really expect to see that here, but why eye color and not hair color? In my case, hair color is pretty easy to distinguish, despite the crappy photo, but it could get tricky with shades of black and brown hair.

And what about weight, not that I'm happy about being heavier than I should be?

Take away the photo and all this says about me is that I'm a 63-year-old 5'10" male with brown eyes. Not very specific, is it?

So much for our preoccupation with IDs and homeland security.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

darn! there goes my future as an ID thief.