Monday, June 27, 2011

Water mystery

Maria observed that the dogs were almost out of water this morning.

Le Bistro Microban Waterer Small

Since the weather continues to be insanely hot and humid, we make sure they have a good water supply on the back porch. So I removed the big plastic jug and took it to the back yard spigot where I usually fill it.

I turned the tap and a dribble of water came out. Then it ran dry.

WTF?

I checked all of the other faucets and outdoor spigots and all of them have normal pressure and flow.

So why would one faucet run dry when all of the others have pressure?

Naturally, the mind runs to extremes and I visualized a broken line somewhere in the foundation with water gushing through cracks and undermining our foundation. Ack!

I have a call in to a plumber to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, I think I’ll turn off the water at the main shutoff.

No comments: