Monday, June 13, 2011

Scary stuff

258078_10100768711946959_6809609_66773400_6437998_o

My stepdaughter Morgan and her husband live in Arizona, which is going through the worst wildfire outbreak in its history.

So far, the fires have been far away from their home in Sierra Vista.

Until last night when she looked out her front door last night and saw this.

Maria just spoke with her and she reports it looks like the fire may be out, but there’s a lot of smoke.

Our Internet connection is down this morning and I can’t be sure whether it’s us or the cable tv/internet provider.

I’ve reset the modem and router twice and now can’t even see the router’s Wifi signal, although I can see the signal from a neighbor’s wireless router. The cable tv is working, so I know the cable is physically intact. I tried calling the cable/internet provider, but their number is busy, suggesting other people are having a problem too.

Our router is at least six years old, maybe older, so it may be time to replace it. Happily, the way technology works, a replacement will cost less and be more powerful. Hell, I may just replace the router regardless of where the problem is.

In the meantime, I’m using my Sprint netcard to connect.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I was wrong, it isn't out. ‎3700 acres in 24 hours and still growing, 0% containment.

Joan of Argghh! said...

Just. . . damn!

Prayers up for everyone.