Saturday, June 11, 2011

Too damned hot

It’s 98°F, with a heat index of 100°, and the only significant rain is a line of showers dancing across the southern edge of Missouri.
That kind of weather kills my enthusiasm for riding, yard work, or doing anything that involves leaving the air conditioned comfort of my home.
We hit the post office, Farmers Market, Dillard’s and Kroger before it got really hot and I was pleased we found a really spectacular purse for Maria’s birthday.
I tried to talk her into an iPad, a Nook or even a Kindle, but she couldn’t bear to see me spend that kind of money.
TWO HOURS LATER: The temperature dropped about 20 degrees in a half-hour and it's raining like a mofo.

2 comments:

mossy48 said...

It's too hot here in LA(lower Arkansas) too. At least you have a cafe near by. I rode bike 40 miles to the nearest Huddle House in Crossett,AR,and got home before 9AM. PK Moss BMWMOA #11865

adidas nmd said...

michael kors handbags
san diego chargers jerseys
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
reebok shoes
browns jerseys
mlb jerseys
cleveland cavaliers
ugg outlet
titans jersey
montblanc pens