Monday, June 20, 2011

Ripped on Friday, replaced on Monday morning

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Olympia gel palm hot weather riding gloves I bought through Amazon.com a week or so ago failed last Friday.

Specifically, the elasticized fabric ripped away from the leather of the right palm as I pulled the glove on Friday morning. You can see the rip in the photo above.

I went to the Amazon.com “returns” page and told them of my problem, noting that I would happily accept a replacement pair now that I know you have to grip the leather when pulling on the gloves.

They immediately emailed me the paperwork for returning the gloves, including a prepaid UPS shipping label.

The replacement gloves arrived before noon today and I’m using their box to ship the damaged pair back to Amazon.com this afternoon.

That’s the kind of customer service that impresses me and keeps me shopping at Amazon.com.

No comments: