Sunday, April 19, 2015

They live on in Facebook

facebook dead

At least four of the people among my 400-some Facebook friends are deceased, yet they live on in Facebook.

They are (from left) Leslie Collins, Becky Harris, John Mohringer and Wendell Trogdon.

Leslie was one of my best correspondents when I was chief of The Indianapolis News Metro North Bureau.

Becky was a respected member of the Log Cabin Democrat staff in Conway, Ark. We met at an Associated Press Managing Editors conference and discovered we both knew Ted Simon, author of Jupiter’s Travels.

John was a member of the Indianapolis BMW Motorcycle Club and a Boone County neighbor when we lived in Thorntown. He would occasional fly over our house.

Wendell was managing editor of The Indianapolis News. He was the city editor in 1967 when he hired me and launched my Indianapolis newspaper career.

No comments: