Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Kathmandu quest continues

kathmandu new question markI figured I was wasting my time trying to get a size 40 Short pair of Firstgear Kathmandu riding pants from PartZilla.com yesterday when one of their people told me on the phone that my size was out of stock.

Then I got an email from them this morning advising me that they expect to ship my order on Thursday. WTF?

So I called them again this morning and the customer service woman said my pants are, indeed, on back order, but that they expect them to arrive at their warehouse tomorrow.

I’d like to believe her, but they’re out of stock at MotorcycleGear.com also. That vendor initially said they would be available in mid-April, then revised the availability date to “late May.”

Could it be that PartsZilla is in the same boat and won’t see them until the end of May? Or will they actually receive them tomorrow.

The customer service woman told me to call back after noon EDT tomorrow to find out if they actually came in.

april 14 rain gaugeIn the meantime, I’m searching for comparable waterproof, breathable riding pants elsewhere.

My self-imposed deadline is May 14, the day before the European Rider Rally begins in Burkesville, Ky.

In the meantime, I’m sitting here listening to the grass grow after the start of what promises to be a very rainy week.

It’s dry at the moment, but the rain gauge had 2.6 inches of water in it this morning.

My to-do list for the day includes picking up the mail, taking a hike on the treadmill (either here or at St. Bernards Health & Wellness) and dropping off Maria’s entries in next weekend’s annual St. Bernards Women’s Council Threads of Life quilt show.

Now, I must be off.

No comments: