Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Insert tasteless play on words involving “sucks” here

samsungMaria wanted a vacuum cleaner – preferably bagless - that was light and could reach high out-of-the-way places.

So when the Amazon Vine Program offered me the Samsung VU10H3021PR/AA VU3000 Lift and Clean Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Red to review a couple of days ago, I jumped on it.

The UPS guy delivered it a little after 2 p.m. yesterday.

I unboxed it, read the owner’s manual that is mostly pictures with little text, and turned it on.

Using suction only, with the beater bar turned off, I made quick work of the tile kitchen floor. It did a great job of sucking up dirt and the little fur tumbleweeds that come from having dogs that shed.

The canister wasn’t full, but I emptied it anyway, holding it over the kitchen waste basket and pushing the button that opens the door on the bottom. Nothing to it and way easier than the nasty, messy job of changing a bag on our Hoover.

When Maria got home from work, we removed the beater bar attachment and used the hose and canister to go after some long-neglected dust that had accumulated on the tops of the kitchen bay window frames and into crevices along the baseboards.

I plan to see how it works on carpets later this morning and then I’ll get busy on my review, which will likely include some of the observations recorded here.

No comments: