Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The riding pants saga continues

iconpants00

As instructed, I called PartsZilla.com today and confirmed that Tucker Rocky has pushed back the delivery date on my size of the Firstgear Kathmandu riding pants until at least the middle of next month.

Consequently, I cancelled my $260 order and went to Plan B.

MotorcycleGear.com has their $300 breathable and waterproof ICON Patrol pants on closeout for $240 and they have them in my size, so I end up saving $20. They come in black and what they call Mil-Spec Yellow, which should come close to matching my Hi-Viz Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket and Hi-Viz CamelBak hydration system.

Features:

  • Removable Icon CE field armor impact protectors at knees and hips
  • Waterproof seam sealed construction
  • YKK waterproof zippers
  • Magnetic storm flap closures
  • 3M® reflective panels
  • Six storage pockets
  • Full-length side zippers
  • Removable bib suspender system

And, the inseam of the Patrol pants can be shortened by up to 5 inches using a 3 position snap system.

My aging old version Kathmandu pants have no pockets and a broken zipper fly, so this will be a significant improvement.

Let the UPS vigil begin!

No comments: