Monday, April 13, 2015

It was too good to be true

I went to my Orders listing on Amazon.com this afternoon to see if my Kathmandu riding pants had been shipped and was stunned to learn that, despite the vendor listing them as available, they are out of stock and my order has been cancelled.

I went online and found another vendor – PartsZilla.com – whose web site showed them as  available in my size, so I placed an order there.

Then I got to thinking… How do I know that their web site is an accurate reflection of what’s in their warehouse?

So I called PartsZilla.com’s toll-free number and after several minutes of horrible music-on-hold, found myself talking with Robert.

Robert did a thorough search and confirmed my worst fears – my size is out of stock.

Consequently, I’m cancelling this second order.

I did notice that Firstgear, the manufacturer of Kathmandu riding pants, is distributed by Tucker Rocky. My old friend Rick Dorfmeyer of Indianapolis is a Tucker Rocky guy and a Facebook friend, so I sent him a private message on Facebook asking if he can work some Tucker Rocky magic and hook me up with some Kathmandus in 40 Short.

Stay tuned.

No comments: