Friday, March 27, 2015

Wretched excess

zik case 02

The Parrot Zik 2.0 wireless headphones came with a carrying bag, very much like the one that came with the Bang & Olufsen H8 headphones.

I figured $399 Parrot headphones deserve as much protection as the $499 B&Os, so I bought the $39 hard case specifically made for them and it showed up on my front doorstep today.

Talk about wretched excess.

I love the Amazon Vine Program.

zik case 01

I didn’t expect to be impressed with the Parrots, having been blown away by the Bang & Olufsens, but I have to admit they’re growing on me.

The sound tweaking app is an interesting feature, but I find I like the un-tweaked sound just fine.

The tracking and volume controls on the right earpad seem easier for me to work than the very similar controls on the B&Os. I’ve answered several phone calls with the Ziks and used the voice command feature to initiate a lengthy business call yesterday morning. The voice clarity seems to be good. Nobody has indicated they think I’m not using a conventional phone or cell phone during these conversations. Not so with the H8s. Maria has complained about the sound quality on a couple of occasions when she’s called me while I was listening to the B&O ‘phones.

The battery life of the Parrots seems to be substantially less than the more expensive headphone.

I haven’t written my Amazon review of the Parrots yet. I feel like I need a little more listening time to organize my perceptions.

No comments: