Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday morning report

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ahh, French toast, coffee and the Sunday paper on the screened back veranda. The temperature is a perfect 70 degrees with a light breeze that brings down a slow rain of oak and hickory leaves. It’s late October mornings like this that make we love our home here in the Mid-South. And, yes, that’s Log Cabin Sugar Free syrup, but it’s real butter. No fake butter in this house.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I gave breakfast a few minutes to settle, then knocked out a mile on the treadmill.

This is my third day back on the treadmill and I’m relearning how great it feels to get moving. I’m at, or past, the age where our bad habits catch up with us and inertia has always been one of my worst habits.

Ordinarily, a carb-loaded breakfast of French toast, even with sugar free syrup, would skyrocket my blood sugar, but I tested after walking and got a very respectable reading of 133.

We got about a 5-minute shower around 7 a.m. today. The Weather Channel suggests a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms around sunset, but I doubt if we’ll see enough rain to lift the burn ban and make it possible to use our fire pit or outdoor fireplace.

1 comment:

Retired in Alma said...

Went to the AOB for breakfast. Breakfast Burrito with green chili.
32 degrees here with a winter storm due tonight through tomorrow. Enjoy your weather!