Thursday, October 21, 2010

It’s a good thing, Juan

I still think Juan Williams can be a witless liberal tool, but at least he knows a scary situation when he sees it. I hope he realizes that being fired from NPR is a good thing.
From FOX News:
National Public Radio fired Fox News contributor Juan Williams on Wednesday after a Monday night appearance in which Williams said that it makes him nervous to fly on airplanes with devout Muslims.
Williams was terminated following a discussion with "O'Reilly Factor" host Bill O'Reilly on the dilemma between fighting jihadists and fears about average Muslims.
"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," Williams said.
"But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous," Williams said.
If FOX News had canned him, you can bet there would be loud charges of racism. Rush Limbaugh wonders if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson will come to Juan’s defense. After all, 99 percent of NPR’s programming is by white liberals and for white liberals. Reminds me of what used to happen on the old plantations when the help got out of line.

No comments: