Sunday, October 31, 2010

BMW Motorcycle Pin of the Day

 
This is the South Daytona Lions Club commemorative BMW pin for Daytona Beach Bike Week in 1993.
This was my first Bike Week and, of course, I rode from Indianapolis and camped with the Space Coast BMW Club at the now-defunct Bulow Campgrounds north of Daytona. Happily, I found several Indianapolis BMW Club friends there.
It was below freezing and there was snow on the ground when I left home. I’d bought a huge Carhart coverall to wear over my leathers and I’m sure I looked like an overstuffed sofa rolling down I-65. I replaced it with a purpose-made cold weather riding suit I bought from a vendor at Daytona and the ride home was much more comfortable and considerably less embarrassing.
dayt93j
Indy Club members Mike Moore, Bob Cross, Jerry Lomax and Greg Miller around the campfire at Bulow Campground during Bike Week ‘93.

No comments: