Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh, I love Boscos!

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

If you’re old enough, you may remember the Bosco jingle from TV:

I love Bosco!

It’s rich and chocolaty.

Chocolate flavored Bosco is mighty good for me!

Mama puts it in my milk for extra energy,

Bosco gives me iron and sunshine vitamin D.

Oh, I love Bosco!

That’s the drink for me!

Well, that’s not what I’m talking about.

I refer instead to Boscos Restaurant & Brewing Co. in Memphis. Our local BMW motorcycle friends Deb and Charlie drove us over to Memphis for Sunday morning brunch at Boscos today. The menu is fabulous and the atmosphere, which included a jazz/blues combo featuring Amy LaVere, was wonderful.

Boscos is Charlie’s favorite Memphis bistro and he has his own beer stein that lives there. They also sell half-gallon growlers of their beers and Charlie bought a half-dozen growlers of Boscos Bombay India Pale Ale, two of which he graciously shared with me.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: