Thursday, September 09, 2010

My 2¢ worth

burning-qurans

Yes, I get the appeal of burning copies of the Quran, but considering that the Muslim world is full of dangerous, irrational, emotional, crazies, I can’t see any reason to stir them up more than we have already.

On the other side of the coin, Gen. Patraeus warns that it “could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort in Afghanistan.”

I think the safety of our troops far outweighs the momentary satisfaction of insulting people who want to drag us all back into the dark ages.

2 comments:

PixieLyn said...

I have two "burning" questions:

1) Where'd he find or buy 1000 Korans?

2) Whats he gonna do with 1000 Korans now that he's not burning them?

Donate? Garage Sale? Recycle Paper bin? I joke but seriously:

The whole thing was really rediculous and not thought out. I mean really! Come on........burning 1000 Korans? Whats that going to prove as far as freedom of speech?

You say "satisfying" to burn them but I would think as minister of that church he shouldve spent all that money and energy proselytizing and getting converts, THEN be satisfied bragging to the news media about the converts from Islam to his church. He would've done more good. Actually he would've done more damage that way.

The Oracle said...

Nobody said the guy was smart.
Makes me proud to be Catholic and not some nutball made-up protestant sect.