Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BMW Motorcycle Rally Pins of the Day

This is the pin from the 1991 BMW MOA rally in Flagstaff, Ariz. It’s one of my favorite pin designs from a really great rally destination.

I attended with my then-brand new pearl silver 1991 K100RS. I spent a week in Breckenridge with my Indianapolis BMW Club friends. Seven of us went on to the Top O’ the Rockies rally in Paonia, Colo., then rode down through Utah, hitting Bryce Canyon and Zion national parks before making a spur-of-the-moment run over to Las Vegas so two of our number could get new tires. Craig Caldwell and I left the other five to enjoy a night in Vegas while we rode east to Flagstaff. Craig had to get home to Indiana and I needed to ride down to Phoenix the next morning to meet my wife’s plane.

And here’s the pin from the Paonia rally, which was also the BMW RA national rally that year.

No comments: