Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Walmart: You get what you pay for

“Should the pharmacist experience any problems filling your order, you will be notified by email.”

That’s what Walmart said in an email confirming my order of a three-month supply of blood pressure meds back on Nov. 3.

I got a call – not an email - from them on Nov. 18 saying my insurance provider wouldn’t pay for a three-month supply, to which I replied, “Ignore them. I’m paying for it myself. It’s only $10.”

The Walmart woman acknowledged my request and a check of my online Walmart Pharmacy account showed the prescription was refilled that same day.

So here we are, a month after my initial order, and I still haven’t received my meds. The first page of my online account shows the prescription was filled on the 18th. However, when I dug deeper and check the account history, I found the order was canceled on the 18th.

WTF?

So I will abandon the idea of saving 2 bucks on a three-month supply and go back to paying $4 a month at the local pharmacy.

What a clusterfuck.

No comments: