Sunday, December 06, 2009

Barnes & Noise

b&ndec6

I can’t begin to express how much I hate the heavy-handed, overblown “Christmas” music coming out of the speakers at Barnes & Noble this morning. Sorta like Mannheim Steamroller on crack. It’s so driven that it almost has an angry feel to it. Somewhere between mechanical and angry. And, IMHO, pure musical crap.

I’m sitting at a table in the Barnes & Noble Cafe with Maria – I (obviously) blogging and she leafing through quilt magazines.

Maria is in the second day of her vacation and is enjoying the chance to relax, quilt, do whatever she wants, or just stare into space. We all need a certain amount of staring into space time. I suspect I require it a bit more than most people.

Fuck. I can’t think to write with all this hideous racket.

No comments: