Thursday, December 03, 2009

My bookstore

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Slowly but surely, I’m seeing my library transformed from boxes in the garage to listings on Amazon.com to packages being dispatched from our local post office.

Of course, there is the little problem of working around them in our office after they’ve been listed and are sitting around waiting for someone to snap them up.

But at least I have the pleasure of seeing a widening hole in the stack of boxes that keeps us from the full use of our two-car, two-motorcycle garage.

Every now and then, I come across a gem. Like the Hymns of the Rgveda published in 1973 in India. It’s apparently so rare that used copies are listing for $250 and more on Amazon.com. Of course, they’re only worth that if someone is willing to pay that much. But I can hope.

No comments: