Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The full beauty treatment for Ruthie

ruthie woolly I’m back at Hastings, having dropped Ruthie the Wonder Dog off at Petco for the full beauty treatment – dematting, shampoo, cut, nail trim, and tooth brushing.

Ruthie loves going to the groomer, so this will be her Christmas present. She seemed to know where we were going when I opened the tailgate of the Subaru and she hopped in. She rode quietly until we got to Petco, when she got excited. She practically dragged me to the grooming salon entrance and eagerly went with the groomer for her 2-3 hours of pampering.

It’s been more than a year since she had a professional haircut and she’s as woolly as a sheep. We got out the electric shears and gave her a rather inept haircut last spring. It made her cooler for summer, but looked pretty ragged.

As I was dropping her off at Petco, a guy came in with a 9-month-old male border collie who exchanged sniffing greetings with Ruthie. It occurs to me that everyone we visited in Indiana except Maria’s parents had one or more dogs for me to pet: Kim and Kerstan had two, Laurie and Jim had one, Raph and Deb had two, and Skip and Gloria had two. What would we do without dogs?



And three hours and $59 later, here she is!

1 comment:

Karen said...

$59 for a haircut! I think I am in the wrong business. haha. oh wait. yes I AM in the wrong business come to think of it.